Below are some Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions about how Boomerang Storage works and operates, please feel free to contact our customer service department.
What makes Boomerang a popular choice among students?
- We have been in business 10 years and have experience moving in and out tens of thousands of students
- We have retained many of our employees who know this unique business like the back of their hands
- The owner actively manages day to day operations and providing moving and storage services for 23 years.
- We carry all necessary insurances to properly run a professional moving and storage operation
- Boomerang is sanctioned by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and authorized to conduct interstate moves. We also have a Massachusetts moving license
- We hire students who know your campus
- We legitimately love what we do and our customers!
How does your pricing work?
We charge per piece we pickup and store so you only pay for what you store. The price per item or box includes pickup, delivery and storage for the summer or term you select. Please refer to our pricing list. There is a registration fee which is separate from any pickup, delivery, storage services. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Do I have to use your boxes or can I use my own?
Our boxes are just complimentary. You may use your own boxes, plastic totes, tubs, trunks, or whatever you wish to store your belongings in. Just be sure that the construction of the container is sturdy. Storage fees are only applied to the boxes or items you actually store.
How and when do I get my free box kit and how many boxes do I get?
Depending on your school, we will either bring them to a central location for you to pickup or ship them directly to you. Either way we will notify you and you will receive your boxes by finals week at the latest. Each customer gets 4 free boxes and a roll of tape. Additional boxes are free as long as they are used for storage.
How big are the free boxes from Boomerang?
Our boxes measure 24″x17.5″x17.5″ or 4.2 cubic feet
When will Boomerang Storage be picking up my storage?
Please refer to the dates posted at the top of your school’s page on our site or the schedule posted for your school on the “Calendar” section of that page.
Will you pick up my items for storage on any floor level?
Yes, any floor level right at your room for no extra charge.
How far in advance do I have to arrange for a storage pickup or delivery?
We ask that you register online at minimum of 48 hours prior to your scheduled pickup or delivery. If you schedule later than that, we will do our best to accommodate you but we cannot guarantee service on a date so close to your registration.
Do I have to be present for my storage pickup?
Ideally, yes. However, we do make exceptions if you cannot be present. Please inquire via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you or a proxy should be available throughout your entire pickup window.
Does Boomerang provide insurance for my storage?
Storage: Boomerang provides $100.00 of declared value coverage for each box or listed item stored. If you wish, you may purchase additional declared value coverage for a rate of $10.00 per $100.00 of value. Please read our conditions of use for more information located at the bottom of the homepage.
Can I retrieve items in storage during my storage term?
Special arrangements can be made for us to pull items early. We kindly ask you to give us 48 hours notice. This only applies to our Door-to-Door Storage services. Please note, there is a $35 charge to have us pull your items from the warehouse in order for you to pick your storage up.
Is it true that Boomerang Storage can deliver my storage into my new dorm room at the end of the summer before I get back to school?
Yes. At many of the schools we service, we can deliver your storage right into your new room assignment prior to your return.
If I do not return to school, can Boomerang Storage deliver my storage to a location of my choice?
Yes, we can get your storage to anywhere you need. Please contact us for rates.
Does Boomerang Storage offer Climate Controlled Storage?
Our warehouse is not air conditioned but during the summer months our warehouse tends to remain at an appropriate temperature for storage. In the winter months our warehouse is heated.
If I need my storage picked up or delivered on a date that Boomerang doesn't list, can I still schedule service?
In the event that a student needs their storage pick up or delivery outside our scheduled dates for their school, we do offer custom deliveries/ pick ups with a fee starting at $90 based upon your campus location from the warehouse and how much needs to be moved and/or stored. It is our pleasure to accommodate such needs, but please note the dates and times you choose are not guaranteed as we service many other students and schools. Student must be present for all custom deliveries. Our moving rates start at $90 per hour for one mover and a truck and go up to $220 per hour for a crew of 4 movers and trucking.
In the unfortunate event damage occurs, your claim will be approved if the following packaging guidelines are followed. Below are our packaging guidelines.
- Boxes must be securely taped on all 6 sides
- Large furniture or appliances (exceptions are TV or similar electronic items) going into storage don’t have to be put in a box as they are usually to large to box up.
- Trunks, plastic bins or boxes that are used to store your belongings are treated as a box to protect the items on the inside only. We do not cover the replacement of trunks, plastic bins if broken.
- Beds and furniture must be placed in mattress bags and securely taped.
- Refrigerators must be thoroughly defrosted, cleaned and propped prior to pickup.
- All electronics and anything fragile must be have 2-4 inches of approved packing material (bubble wrap, moving blankets or original factory packaging) on all sides of the item. Lastly the item must be placed in a sturdy cardboard box. The customer must email the company and purchase insurance if declared value insurance if you wish to place declared value insurance coverage on your possession.
- All boxes and items going into storage must be very well labeled with your school name, destination dorm, your name, and a number sequence. Ex. 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. If your boxes are not labeled, they stand a risk of getting lost. We strongly recommend printing our labels right off of our site. You can find the labels here
- Do not tape two items together that should be stored separately. If one of the items gets lost, we will not have way to identify what item was separated and you risk a loss of that item.
When is my storage payment due?
Payment for the balance of your storage is due in full at the time of your pickup by way of credit or debit card only.
Can Boomerang deliver to a school not on the website?
Yes we can. Please contact us to learn more
Is our warehousing climate controlled?
Our warehouse is climate controlled and do remain at a very safe temperature in the summer and winter months. In the winter months our warehouse is heated.